Monday 4 March 2013

Crafts activities shouldn't be forced

Hi there

This week's article subject matter is on crafting with children, and how best to start. As an ex-nursery nurse, I have seen countless children forced into participating in a craft activity against their will, just so the staff can tick the box that the child has made a mothers day card like everyone else.

In this article I give tips on how best to suit craft to your child, and how to get those creative juices flowing.

click here to read full article

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally with your thought on crafts with children. I was also a nursery nurse, then a nanny, then a home daycare provider, now mom and facilitator for my child's home learning. My daughter loves crafts. My son never did but they both had the same opportunities from young toddlerhood onwards. I followed your link to the 100 galloping horses and showed my 7 year old horse crazed daughter and we have set a goal that we will uniquely decorate a horse each day for 100 days. It's always great to have a new project!! Thanks for the inspiration Jo.

    www.moremomtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete